2013 Cabaret Numbers Are Sure to Shine

Make+sure+to+catch+The+8th+Annual+Wildcat+Cabaret+on+September+28th+at+the+Student+Center+For+Creativity.+As+well+as+dazzling+performers%2C+there+will+be+desserts%2C+a+50%2F50+drawing%2C+and+a+lottery+tree.+All+proceeds+go+to+the+Fall+and+Spring+Productions.+Admissions+are+%246.+Doors+will+open+at+5%3A45.+
Make sure to catch The 8th Annual Wildcat Cabaret on September 28th at the Student Center For Creativity. As well as dazzling performers, there will be desserts, a 50/50 drawing, and a lottery tree. All proceeds go to the Fall and Spring Productions. Admissions are $6. Doors will open at 5:45.

Lara Daigle

Class Rank: Sophomore

Extracurriculars: Drama Club, Chamber Choir, Marching Band, Jazz Band, Wind Ensemble, Student Council, Paw Club

Previous Cabaret: This is my first!

Performance Type: Vocal solo to an original song

Inspiration: “I aspire to be a musician and I love to write music. As for the song specifically, I was inspired by angsty love.”

Why Should People Be Excited to See You Perform: “There are a lot of new, talented people in the Cabaret this year that need some support. Besides, the Cabaret is fun and for a good cause.”

Adam Sarp

Class Rank: Senior

Extracurriculars: Chamber Choir, Drama Club, Fall Play, Music Honor Society

Previous Cabarets: 2012

Performance Type: Barbershop quartet of The Beatles’ “When I’m Sixty-Four” featuring Alex Jabbour, Chris Nakles, and Spencer Simpson as well as a vocal solo of Billy Joel’s “Vienna”

Inspiration For Your Performance: I love “Vienna” and I listen to it all the time. It helps me relax when I know I’m getting ahead of myself, especially with college. As for “When I’m Sixty-Four,” the song is just really fun.”

Why Should People Be Excited to See You Perform: “Come to see everyone, not just me. They’re [the performers] all very talented.”

Christy Nale

Class Rank: Sophomore

Extracurriculars: Marching Band, Jazz Band, Concert Choir, Wind Ensemble, Drama Club

Previous Cabarets: This is my first!

Performance Type: Ballet dance to “Kitri Variation” from Don Quixote

Inspiration: “I just absolutely love this song.”

Why Should People Be Excited to See You Perform: “The cabaret is fun and entertaining!”

Krystal Modecki

Class Rank: Junior

Extracurriculars: Drama Club, Laurel Valley Academy of Dance, Concert Choir, Girl Scouts, Co-director of the Fall Play, and Recycling Club

Previous Cabarets: This is my first!

Performance Type: Vocal solo to Aretha Franklin’s “Respect”

Inspiration. “My vocal coach and my mom.”

Why Should People Be Excited to See You Perform: “Everybody love a little “Respect!” It’s a classic.”

Lindsey Anna

Class Rank: Junior

Extracurriculars: Spanish Honor Society, President of the Spanish Club, Drama Club, Chamber Choir, Music Honor Society

Previous Cabarets: 2012

Performance Type: Vocal solo to Wakey!Wakey’s! “Dance So Good”

Inspiration: “My friend Anying Guo demanded it.”

Why Should People Be Excited to See You Perform: “The Cabaret is always interesting.”

Lauren Takitch

Class Rank: Senior

Extracurriculars: Chamber Choir, Drama Club, Young Engineers, works at Auntie Anne’s, Softball team, National Honor Society

Previous Cabarets: 2012

Performance Type: Vocal solo to Sara Bareilles’ “Gravity”

Inspiration: “A past relationship.”

Why Should People Be Excited to See You Perform: “I enjoy performing for people and I’m MCing with Lindsey Ferguson!”

Lindsey Ferguson

Class Rank: Senior

Extracurriculars: Chamber Choir, hostess at J. Corks, National Honor Society, Drama Club

Previous Cabarets: 2011 and 2012

Inspiration: “I wrote the song during a rough patch in a relationship and it’s very important to me.”

Why Should People Be Excited to See You Perform: “Come and see me because you’re not gonna hear this song anywhere else. It came from my mind, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, and I’m MCing with Lauren Takitch!”

Miko Reyes

Class Rank: Senior

Extracurriculars: Student Council Treasurer, Vice President of the Key Club, Co-captain of the Quiz Team, National Honor Society, Tennis team, Science Club, works at Statler’s, Broadcasting

Performance Type: Vocal Solo to Queen’s “Somebody to Love”

Inspiration: “I absolutely love Queen.”

Why Should People Be Excited to See You Perform: “…I’m a singing Asian! [laughs]”