Beautiful Belle

Prom

Prom season is right around the corner, and as a junior, this is my first year attending prom. I am filled with excitement, I cannot wait to see all the pretty dresses, get ready with my friends, and wear my breathtaking dress. 

On May 10, 2024 teenagers from GLSD will head to Antonelli’s Event Center.  I have been doing all the steps to prepare for it. My dress is at the seamstress getting altered, shoes and accessories have been ordered, and appointments have been made. The next couple of weeks are very hectic I have a hair appointment on Wednesday that is going to leave me looking like a brand new person, a nail appointment in 2 weeks that is going to take my nails from bland to fabulous, and a spray tan on May 9 that will give me the perfect sunkissed glow to enhance my dress. 

Since this is my first prom, I do not know what to expect. The Grand March is intimidating me, I do not like the idea of walking in front of a crowd of people in high heels. My mom does not like me in high heels, so I have never worn them unless it was at a dance or in a wedding. My ability to walk in high heels is not very stable, so I am scared that I will faceplant in front of a crowd of people. 

The search for a perfect dress started at the beginning of February, I did not have a clear picture of what I wanted until I saw a brunette in a stunning yellow dress on Pinterest. I immediately thought of the Disney princess Belle, and she is my favorite. Every girl wants to feel like a princess on prom night. I am going to feel like a princess with my prince charming. 

Zyan is going to be wearing a navy suit, with a white shirt underneath, a pale yellow bow tie, and brown dress shoes. He looks extremely sharp! I am extremely picky and love to make sure the bow tie matches the dress perfectly, so I was taking my time. I feel that if the dress and the tie/bow tie do not match then the vision does not come together. 

Ever since I was a little girl I could not wait to go to prom! I always loved going to my cousins and brothers’ prom photos and looking at all the unique and pretty dresses. My cousin Alexa was a fashion icon to me, she always had the prettiest dresses, and her hair was all done to perfection. She went to every prom and every homecoming, so her closet is filled with all of these elegant dresses, I would always fantasize about wearing them to one of my future dances. I will wear a yellow dress just like Alexa did in 2012. 

This year my sister-in-law Katie is going to do my hair when I was younger and she was in college she would always do my hair in the morning because she lived with us. She is doing my hair this year because I am never satisfied when I get it done professionally, so having Katie do it will not cost money and I will know it will be done to my standards. I know I want curls in my hair, but I do not know what type of braid. I know I do not want a bun or a ponytail, so I do not know what she is going to do. Katie is good at hair so I know she can do anything I ask her. 

I am currently waiting impatiently for the most fantastic day of the school year. I can not wait to get ready with all my friends, take cute pictures, and dance the night away. Zyan and I are going to look amazing together!