Press Release: The Challenge Program, Inc. Kicks Off At Greater Latrobe High School

Left to Right: Front Chloe Pohland Joyce Yin Row 2 Jon Mains-High School Principal Carol Paynter-Robindale Energy Matt Haydo-Robindale Energy Joe Thompson Reed Fenton

Students at Greater Latrobe High School were recently introduced to The Challenge
Program, Inc. during a kick-off assembly at their school. The assembly theme was The REAL Game of
Life. This fun board game spin-off reveals to students the positive outcomes to the important choices they
face every day for career-readiness and success both in and beyond the classroom and how to earn cash
incentives.
During the assembly, students in the sophomore, junior, and senior classes were introduced to local
career opportunities. Throughout the year, they will be eligible to compete for financial awards in five
areas linked with academic and workplace success: Attendance, Academic Improvement, Academic
Excellence, STEM (science, technology, engineering, math) and Community Service. The business
partner for Greater Latrobe High School during the 2018/2019 school year is Robindale Energy.

###

The Challenge Program, Inc.’s mission is to build sustainable Business/Education partnerships while
introducing students to careers in their communities. This partnership contributes to workforce and
economic development by motivating students to develop the solid work habits required to succeed in
school and in their future careers.