Hoops and Grooves for St. Judes

Come cheer on a great cause during the Greater Latrobe and Ligonier Valley Reverse Basketball game on March 15. 

Sponsored by Interact Club members from both districts, the game swaps the roles of the boys’ basketball players and the cheerleaders — all to raise money for St. Jude Children’s Hospital.

This year’s theme is Hoops and Grooves, a throwback to the 70’s when disco ruled the dance floor. 

The yearly game, ongoing for 12 years, has raised at least $8,000 several times for several different charities. Last year’s game supported two animal shelters local to the participating schools, and previous games have supported relief organizations and local shelters.

New this year is a game room for children, where they can meet the Wildcat Mascot, play gym games,  and get their faces painted. There will also be a gift basket raffle with items donated by local businesses.

And don’t forget Chuck-a-Duck, the “quacky” game where participants test their luck by tossing a rubber ducky at a target.

The Reverse Basketball game will be held in the gym at Greater Latrobe High School and doors open at 5:30 p.m. While admission to the game is free, students will be outside collecting donations. Money will also be raised through the concession stand and activities offered throughout the game.

Those who want to donate but cannot attend the game may do so by going to http://events.stjude.org/hoopsandgrooves-glsd

We invite you to come and get your groove on for a good cause.

For additional information contact Rachel Limani at [email protected]  or William Snyder at [email protected]