Now and Then

The Beatles Last song

The global icons The Beatles recently released their final song titled “Now and Then”. From 1960-1970 the band had its peak success before the bands break up, but in their 10 years they accomplished many accolades. Including seven Grammy Awards, four Brit Awards, an Academy award, and fifteen Ivor Novello Awards. “ Now and Then”, which is deemed to be the group’s last song, was a challenging process to produce due to the fact that their frontman and singer John Lennon has been deceased since 1980. What the group did was, in 1995 they found some unreleased tapes of Lennon singing and used them to create a song. The problem they ran into was that some of the tapes were not in the best quality and at the time they couldn’t salvage the recordings with the right technology to make a song with them. They eventually gave up on trying to make a song and left the recordings incomplete. And then in 2001 the guitarist George Harrison passed away, leaving the band with the only remaining members which are Ringo Star and Paul McCartney. Flashforward to 2022 when Paul and Ringo decided to give their song another shot, since now they have better technology to manipulate those tapes from so long ago. And they were able to isolate Lennon’s vocals and use Harrisons parts from 1995 as a base of the song and the others started playing their parts and finally started to piece their song together. After nearly 30 years the single track was finished and titled “ Now and Then”, the single gives off a sad but memorable feeling about how the band has grown. The track is a genuine Beatles song because it has all four original members on it even though two are deceased. It’s been 54 years since the last Beatles song was produced and with the help of modern technology a piece of music history has been made.