Spring Bucket List

Spring Dessert: Make some flower sugar cookies for a sweet treat. It’s not beach body season yet! Find your favorite sugar cookie recipe, grab some flower shaped cookie cutters, and go wild. For a simple recipe go to http://www.inkatrinaskitchen.com/best-sugar-cookie-recipe-ever.

Plant Flowers: Colorful flowers popping up out of the ground signal the commencement of spring and the long awaited warmth. Plant a few flowers of your own such as pansies, daffodils, and tulips to get into the spring spirited. Pick your favorite flower, a nice pot, add some dirt and water, then watch it grow.

Ride a Bike: After being stuck inside for the past couple of months, get outside and stretch your legs. Take a bike ride through nature at places like Lynn Run, Ohiopyle, or even the West Penn Trail. Savor the views while getting active at the same time.

Paint a Birdhouse: Spring is the perfect time to paint a birdhouse. All that is needed is a birdhouse, some acrylic paints and brushes, then you’re good to go. As birds migrate north, a birdhouse is their ideal place for nesting. Watch as momma birds lay their eggs and teach their baby birds the ropes all summer long.

Picnic in the Park: Now that it is beginning to get warmer outside, enjoy the warm weather by having a picnic in the park. Pack a blanket, some snacks, plates and silverware. After eating, have some fun, run around, play on the swingset, and embrace your youth.

Wash Your Car: After months of driving through snow and salt, your car is surely ready for a facelift. Snatch a bucket of water, soap, a hose, some scrubbers and get to washing. Your car will appreciate it and it will give you an excuse to throw on your swimsuit and catch some rays.

About the Writer
Molly Bobik, Staff

My name is Molly Bobik. I am a Sophomore and a first year journalist. I have been an avid swimmer and softball player since the age of seven, and...