Christmas in our Community

Overly’s Country Christmas

Get your fill of freezing cold, hot chocolate, and Christmas Cheer roaming around “Christmas Village.” Pay $8.00 for one car load and be guaranteed a merry time, with or without snow. In addition to the free Hartman Station, warm bonfire, and life-size nativity, for a few extra dollars you can take a sleigh ride or get a photo with Santa. Whether there with a date, younger siblings, or friends, Overly’s Country Christmas is the place to be this December.

Shows

CLO’s a Musical Christmas Carol, is playing from December 8th to December 23rd at Byham Theater. Ticket prices range from $25 to $50. The plot of a favorite Christmas story, “A Christmas Carol,” by Charles Dickens, is combined with melodies and effects that will make the story unforgettable.

“The Nutcracker” is being performed by the Pittsburgh Ballet from December 10th to December 26th at the Benedum Center. This classic ballet is a ‘must see’ for the holiday season.

“Highmark Holiday Pops” is a concert sporting Christmas cheer performed by the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra. From December 16th to December 19th the concert is coming to Heinz Hall.

Touring of the Henry Clay Frick Home

If you want a true blast into the past, visit the Frick Art & Historical Center and take a tour of the Henry Clay Frick house. Tours of the house will be running through January 3, 2011. Student admission is $10 and children under the age of 16 are $6. This historic depiction of an early 20th century home during the holiday season is a great way to increase holiday spirit.

PPG Place Gingerbread House Display and Competition

For the 8th year in a row, the public is welcome at PPG Place to view the delectable houses created by local artists, chefs, students and organizations. Houses will be sold and all proceeds will go to the Children’s Hospital. The Gingerbread Houses will be accompanied by a train display and will be open to the public until January 7th.

Hartwood Holiday Mansion Tour

Until January 9th, one can visit the North Hills and tour The Hartwood Holiday Mansion or take a candlelight tour. Reservations are recommended, and admission is $6.00, but the Christmas cheer brought by the Harwood Holiday Mansion makes the hassle well worth it.