Peach Plaza, BMX, and Mason Nuttall

Located in the Western Recreation Area of Twin Lakes Park in Hempfield Township, Peach Plaza opened in 2008 as a part of a three-phase park expansion project. The park owned by the city is opened to the public from 9 a.m to dusk. Thrill-seekers are allowed to ride at our own risk on skateboards, in-lines, or bmx bikes on either of the two cement bowls, quarter pipes, tabletops, or snake run. Peach Plaza includes a regular playground for the young ones.

“It’s an amazing place to be, my friends and I go up about three days out of the week.” said Ben Irvin, a sophomore at Latrobe.

The popularity of BMX and skateboarding has risen since the parks opening. To some it’s a “Ride or Die” kind of thing. To others, it might just be a hobby to pass the time. But to Junior Mason Nuttall, it’s a passion.

“To me, BMX isn’t about progression. It’s about getting away, doing stuff your own way. There’s no rules you follow, no right or wrong way to do it. You don’t need a big bag of tricks, either. I’ll go out and ride just for chills over skills anyday. I’m all about having fun and living it up.” said Nuttall.

Nuttall is sponsored by Kid Dynamite Apparel Co. and is on the amatuer street team.

To those who have an idea that they may wanna start riding, Nuttall gives some advice. “If you dig it, do it. It’s worth a try. Ya know, hop out there and see if you’re feeling it because if you don’t try, you will never know what it’s going to be like. It can take you further than you can ever think. Just go out, have fun, don’t ride like anyone or because of anyone. Do your own thing, be yourself, because it’s all about your own commitment and opened mind.” Nuttall said.

Enjoy Peach Plaza as a participant or to watch others.     mason

Mason Nuttall shreds on his bike and performs a flyout barspin at Peach Plaza.