Trending prom styles!

With prom just around the corner, everyone is getting ready for one of the best nights of their lives! In highschool you are lucky enough to get two proms, maybe more for some cases, so it’s a long process to get ready and start planning things out. 

This year the Greater Latrobe class officers have dedicated so much time to making this night one to remember, but the real question is, ‘What is the style? And ‘What is trending?’ but it’s such a variety this year that no one really knows the ‘trending’ dresses. Many girls this year are finding their dream dresses at a variety of stores. Designers like Sherri Hill, Jovani, Rachel Allen and so much more have created many new styles for the season but recently all over Tik Tok people have been wearing “Easter Dresses” and it’s definitely the talk of the high school world right now. 

Many popular trends this year include; ruffles, sequins, corsets, silk, cut outs and a lot more but girls are also looking at many different things and most of them want unique things that most people won’t have.Some are also reaching for the dresses with feathers, off the shoulder dresses, some puffy dresses and some with more heavy sequins. Juniors have been looking for more similar looks as seniors are looking for dresses to blow everyone away. 

Other Things people are trying to find out now is what accessories people are wearing. With certain designs comes certain necklaces, earrings, and hair. If you have a deeper V neckline then you should wear a more broad necklace but not too big and with a higher straight across neckline you should wear a simple one bead necklace. Also, with different colors of dresses most people try to find a different colored heel or a heel that’s the exact same color. For example, when people get a black dress they tend to do a red heel but now everyone tries to do another color like pink or just a simple silver. If your dress has silver or gold accents, definitely try to get that colored jewelry and heels.

For seniors this is the last dance ever and their last ‘hooray’! It’s an exciting time for them but also a reality check that high school is almost over. Many seniors also picked their absolute favorite dress their junior year so topping last year’s dress is so hard. I hope everyone has a great time at prom and have the best night of their lives!