Siblings Special Connections

“Don’t take my shirt!” Siblings are an important part of life. They are the people that guide us through our journey of life. They are the people who are with us through it all. There are no greater feelings than the true love you feel for them. 

Some siblings participate in the same sporting events and teams. For example, sophomore Miley Williams participates on the basketball and softball team with her sister, Kayla. “Doing sports together really brings us closer together and gives us quality time together. I enjoy softball with her because we both share a love for the sport.”

Kayla, a senior this year, will attend Slippery Rock University in the fall. “The thing I’m going to miss the most is walking to her room and talking with her about anything and just telling her my day and telling her everything. I like talking to her because she is a great listener. It’s going to be a lot different at home this year. The house will be a lot quieter when she’s gone,” said Miley. 

Different dynamics impact sibling relationships throughout life. Being a twin is an unbreakable bond. Julia and Maria Fetter are sophomore twins. “I like having her in my grade for sports and for classes it helps us to stay on the same page,” says Maria.

The Fetters have a very big family with older brother Tyler, being a senior this year. “I like being in a big family because there is always a lot of noise, it’s never quiet or boring. I also like there being always something to do and someone to be with,” says Julia. 

All siblings bond in different ways. Quinn and Cooper Matro bond through music. “In the car in the morning, we like to listen to rap. We listen to mostly Travis Scott, SZA, and Drake,” Quinn said. 

Quinn is the youngest of three brothers and has learned a lot from them. “I mostly learned what not to do through them. I also learned what is good and what is bad from watching them,” said Quinn. 

Although many different sibling dynamics are displayed in school and life family is always our favorite people. The bonds we share with our siblings will last a lifetime.