Simplifying Scheduling Stress

Simplifying Scheduling Stress
xvhn7r2qjb

Scheduling for the upcoming school year brings on a wave of different emotions. Excitement, eagerness, and enthusiasm, but also stress and confusion. And if the credits and requirements aren’t enough, high schoolers feel immense pressure to keep up with their classmates. Navigating the course selection at Latrobe can be a tedious task. With so many options and only 720 days of high school, it can be overwhelming to pick just a few classes. As we approach the start of the second semester, juniors are feeling the importance of scheduling for their last year of high school. Fortunately, current juniors have the opportunity to meet with their guidance counselors to discuss the upcoming school year. 

An informational meeting will be held on February 6, 2024, beginning at 6:30 pm in the CSC. 

Junior students are encouraged to invite their parents to this meeting which will include information and advice about college planning and the application process. In addition to college information, students will also have the opportunity to meet individually with guidance counselors. 

Guidance counselor, Mrs. Selembo, explains, “We will discuss college-level opportunities, including AP classes/exams, College in the High School opportunities, and Dual Enrollment. “

Guidance counselors also want students to know that they will be available during the meeting to answer any questions that they or their parents may have. This meeting is designed to address all questions regarding future planning.

Mrs. Selembo also explains, “We will also talk about career exploration resources/opportunities, scholarships/financial aid, and upcoming events.”

Overall, this planning night appears to be a great chance for families to help their children think about postsecondary planning and future opportunities.