Editor Blog – Rachel Stauffer

Chris Campbell

Can I start enjoying my senior year yet? So far these first four weeks of school have been the most intense four weeks I have ever experienced as long as I can remember and I have a feeling it is just going to continue to be stressful. I cannot tell you how long it has been since I got more than seven hours of sleep. Even on the weekends, I do not have a chance to sleep in.

I dream of the day where I can finally go to sleep before 10 o’clock at night. Some people say that junior year is the most stressful year for a teenager and I can agree that it is, but so far my senior year is far more stressful than last year. My schedule contains three AP classes- Chemistry, Calculus, and Spanish along with history, English, and Journalism class which I am an editor in, so basically I never have a night where I am free from homework.

My senior classes aren’t just the only stress in my life; I have to maintain good grades while working a part-time job at the Meadows Frozen Custard about three to four days a week (mostly school nights) and study for SATs. Every single night, my parents will come into my room and give the daily lecture on how I need to improve my reading score on the SATs and how I should be studying every single night. Yes, they are correct that the only way to improve is to study but there is only one problem…what about the homework that fills up my entire night?

I feel like I’m obligated to choose between homework which affects my grades and that one test that can affect where I go to college. SATs are definitely more important right now, but I am not the kind of student who doesn’t do her homework.

I honestly do not know how I am going to do this for about 160 more days of school. It is not even October yet and I am stressed to the max. I am hoping it gets better, and maybe it will when I have SATs out of the way and all of my college applications sent. People tell me all the time that I need to enjoy my senior year because it goes so fast. I have a feeling once I am accepted somewhere for college, I will be able to sit back, relax, and enjoy my senior year-my last year of high school…ever.