Voicebox- How it Feels to be a Senior

As the thirteen years of waking up early Monday through Friday and spending the day at school nears an end, seniors begin to see the finish line. Seniors voice their opinions on what the word “senior” means to them.
“I think it means you really have to start thinking about college and what you want to do for the rest of your life, which is kind of scary.” Lauryn Gianotti

“Being a senior is the last bang of high school. You’ve only got one more year to enjoy it, so you might as well make the best of it.” Ian Steele

“We get to rule the school, which is awesome!” Alexa Bell

“Being a senior basically means seniority, of course, over the younger kids, as well as a lot of pressure because you have to get all your college stuff together, and keep up your grades. But it also means procrastination and senioritis.” Drew Eline

Next, students expressed their own personal experiences regarding how “senioritis” has affected them.

“I realized how much I want to go to college now because I don’t want to be here anymore.” Celeste Brasile

“I have already left school early one day and have been lazy a few nights after school.” Kaitlin Kernicky

“I feel like it’s more of a challenge. I still do all my work but I feel like it’s more difficult for me to do it.” Mitchell Wilt

“Senioritis has affected me by making me not take the time to do my work ahead of time. I’m always waiting until the day before to study, or I don’t do homework until the night before it’s due.” Jessica Kissel

“I really don’t feel like going to school anymore cause I feel like I’ve learned everything I need to know about life already.” Phil Schnupp

“It’s just hard getting your homework done and knowing that you only have one more year left of doing it.” Carly Hudson