Eric McElevenny

Molly Bobik, Staff

Eric McElvenny was a Marine Infantry officer in the US Marine Corps. He was deployed three times. Unfortunately, his third and final deployment left his right leg amputated from the knee down after stepping on and IED. Eric is now an avid athlete and motivational speaker. He has competed in seven ironman competitions, including the Ironman World Championship, and several other endurance-type races. Eric also speaks to large groups throughout the country, sharing his story and explaining how he turned his tragedy into something amazing. Eric’s believes his faith is his strength and puts his trust in a higher being.    

About the Writer
Molly Bobik, Staff

My name is Molly Bobik. I am a Sophomore and a first year journalist. I have been an avid swimmer and softball player since the age of seven, and have participated on both the varsity swim and junior varsity softball teams. Along with my athletic career, I am a committed student. I strive for perfection even though I may never obtain it. Writing is one of my greatest passions along with traveling. Both allow me to leave my boring,everyday life and enter into a fascinating, new world. Being apart of the Greater Latrobe High Post, I feel I now have the ability to convey my experience of that new and exciting world with my peers. I live to share the stories of society and  those living in it.