Baby, Baby, Baby, NO!

All of us know and some of us love the young, Canadian, singer-songwriter, Justin Bieber as he sang his hits from his very first album My World in 2009. The pop sensation, only 15 at the time, had as many fans screaming his name as Mick Jagger did. The innocent popstar we knew 5 years ago isn’t so innocent anymore. Bieber is acting out in more than just a few ways. His career may still be booming, but the media and his illegal actions are sure to ruin it.

Like many other stars that start young (stars such as Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Kurt Cobain, Jim Morrison, and Syd Barrett who eventually met their own downfall.) he sold his soul to the industry. The fame and fortune slowly started getting to his head.  Most who take the music industry by storm usually end up with so much money, what else are they suppose to do with it besides buying drugs, partying, and just performing illegal actions? He may still be talented in the music industry but I’m sure Lindsay Lohan and Amanda Bynes are still a talented actresses, look at them now. We never heard anything negative about the Bieber, we only heard the great accomplishments he made. During his career he has been nominated for 150 awards and won 135. As the years go by he’s still being nominated for awards, selling out shows, and having girls scream his name. It’s been five years since he has risen to pop fame and taken the world by storm, we’ll just have to wait and see where the next few years lead him.

Justin is only acting out because he can. We all heard the breaking news about him getting arrested on January 23rd in Miami, Florida on suspicion of driving under the influence, driving with an expired license, supposedly drag racing, and refusing arrest. Not even 24 hours later, stories swarmed the news and the internet, along with a mugshot of Justin cheesing away. The pop-star believes his money will buy him out of anything because his money got him anything and everything else he needed since he was discovered.

His bond was an easy $2,500, any popstar could pull that money out of their pocket no problem. For the average 20-year-old, coming up with $2.500 dollars is a challenge. Bieber failed a drug test for pot and xanax, he still gets to argue with pleas that prosecutors are offering.

Offered him a plea deal that first time DUI offenders often receive. This plea includes community service, an alcohol education course, and drug testing at random. Even though it’s not that difficult to do what the court is asking, he didn’t pick up what the prosecutors were putting down. He refused to be put under the Judge’s thumb. If he were to manage to foul up, the Judge can get him into trouble whether it be for failing a drug test or even violating his court orders. The singer already lacks self discipline as it is, since he is famous he won’t ever get the same kind of treatment an average Joe would get. Leading to more lack of self discipline and if a person lacks this it can lead them to the consequences.

TMZ.com said the star has problems with marijuana and sizzurp, also known as lean.. With Bieber’s constant accounts of partying, his mild drug use could change for the worst. In the last year a picture of JB holding a joint flooded the social networks of the world. This issue was what rose Justin to such infamy. Before, we never heard about him experimenting with drugs and when we did, fans were disappointed. Media is a huge factor when it comes to people hearing wack things about stars. I guess you could say that the media does harass Justin in a way, but it’s not the media’s fault that they cover the outrageous stories about him  If you Google search Justin, 619,000,000 results appear in a matter of a few seconds. Having the second most followers on twitter, 50,086,277, Justin is the topic to talk about.

Michelle Obama got motherly with Justin’s mom about how it’s important that she stays present in his life. When it comes to rowdy teenagers, actions speak louder than words. She said “I would be very present in his life right now, I would probably be with him a good chunk of the time, just there to talk, to figure out what’s going on in his head, to figure out who’s in his life and who’s not, you know.”

President Obama spoke out to the troubled singer due to a current petition aimed to deport him. 254,847 individuals have signed the petition but that goal was only 100,00- by February 22nd. More than doubled the number signed the petition.

Justin Bieber is going to meet his downfall whether it be because he ruined himself due to drugs, partying, and rebellious ways or whether it be because the United States wants him out. JB is going to be his own destruction if he doesn’t knock off his childish actions, if the media doesn’t stop harassing him, and if he doesn’t get the help he needs. Soon enough, Justin is just gonna be another washed up popstar.

“Hey Biebs, GO BACK TO CANADA.” -Devin Onorato, Senior

“Quit doing stuff that will get you in jail and focus on your music while you’re still young.” -Vince Walters, Junior

“It would be nice if you left America and go back to your home country. It would be much appreciated.” -Brandon Takitch, Sophomore

“GO BACK TO CANADA YOU PUNK!” Mr. Saveikis