Editor Blog- Trick or Treat

Editor+Blog-+Trick+or+Treat+

I have looked forward to October 31 for as long as I can remember. I grew up in a neighborhood where all of the kids were around the same age. My neighbors were my best friends and every Halloween we would become who ever we wanted to be for a night. My costumes ranged from Piglet to Anastasia to a fairy princess. Each year had a new costume, a new night to make memories with my best friends, and best of all a new night to gather as much candy as possible.

After moving to Pennsylvania, my Halloween experience changed. I no longer live in a neighborhood with close neighbor friends and for the past 3 years I have not gone trick or treating. So putting treat or treating on my senior year bucket list seemed to be a perfect way to begin the fall of my senior year.

A week before Halloween I had my costume all planned out. I was going to be a flapper by using a flapper dance costume from a few years ago.

My excitement for trick or treating soon changed to excitement for attending a Pittsburgh Steelers game on October 30, 2011. The problem was in order to attend the Steelers versus Patriots game; I had to change my Sunday shift at work for Monday, the night of Halloween. With trick or treating plans out the door, my co worker Nicole and I still found a way to keep in the Halloween spirit by dressing up as a princess and Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz at The Meadows that evening.

No it was not really how I planned to go trick or treating, but it was an experience I will never forget!