Pittsburgh Pirates

The Pittsburgh pirates ended 2013 with an unbelievable season a one that nobody will ever forget. The Pirates broke the spell of 20 consecutive losing seasons.

The Buccos finished the season 94-68 and got a wildcard win against the cincinnati Reds giving the Pirates a 7 game series with division rival St Louis Cardinals. The Pirates were the underdogs In the series but you can never count them out the Pirates made it to game 7 in a win or go home situation. By the end of the game the pirates lost the game but despite the lost everybody still appreciated the non forgettable season “The wildcard game is a game ill never forget against the Reds, They were are division rivals all season and I was happy to see the Buccos pick up the win and move into the next round against the Cardinals” Said Mike Sisak..

The 2014 season is here and the Pirates have more momentum than ever. McCutchen 2013 NL MVP is looking forward to the 2014 season ride. The Buccos are one of the most exciting teams in Pittsburgh and the MLB.

The Bucs have a good all around team, Great pitching staff, great defense and Offense. Clint Hurdle became National League manager of the year which is a huge award.

Every year he has coached the Pirates they always made a run for playoffs but last season was different he got his team to play a full season and not to shut down after all star break.

Clint Hurdle’s overall record with the Pittsburgh Pirates is 247-242 with a winning percentage of 504. 245 wins is the most by any Pittsburgh PIrates manager in their first three seasons “Clint Hurdle is doing a good job rebuilding the team and even though his team shut down after all star break previous years, I think there finally where they need to be. And they will be a top team in the future” Said Ian Hood..

Liriano’s pitching career is a record of, 70-62 with a career strikeout total of 1,019. We signed Liriano after he played one season with the Chicago white sox in 2012.

The Pirates are looking forward to this upcoming season and are looking forward to reaching the postseason once again.

They know there is always room for improvement and they understand they make be weak in some spots but they will make sure everything works out so they can have a very successful year. “I have to admit I did go on the Buccos Bandwagon, but i’m happy seeing PNC park being sold out for every game and I love how the fans are in the game every play Its a great atmosphere and I’m looking forward to this exciting season” said Nathan Ballard. The Pirate had the most sell out games in PNC park history with selling out 23 games.

Recently the Pittsburgh PIrates played the longest game in PNC Park history the time was a 5 hour 55 minute game which resulted in a Buccos win in the 16th inning in a walkoff fashion. Tony Sanchez was the hero for the Pittsburgh Pirates hitting in the winning run for the Buccos.