Buctober Starts Out Right

Buctober Starts Out Right

Pittsburgh Pirates
The 2013 Pittsburgh Pirates season shocked the world after 20 long years without a winning season, let alone a playoff birth. This 2013 season was truly unforgettable. Nobody expected the Pirates to win 94 games like they did.. Everybody on the team is stepping up and contributing to the team’s success. Monday September 30, 2013 Today has been declared Black and Gold day in Allegheny County to support on the Pittsburgh Pirates for Buctober!The positives about their season is they finally got their pitching to where it needs to be and the lineup all around is great it consists of: Russell Martin at catcher, Francisco Liriano Pitching, at first base, Justin Morneau, 2nd base Neil Walker, 3rd base Pedro Alvarez, shortstop Clint Barmes, leftfield Starling Marte, Centerfield Andrew McCutchen, Right Fielder Marlon Byrd. That is your 2013 Pittsburgh Pirates lineup for a 1 Game Wild Card series against the Cincinnati Reds. Win or lose in the playoffs everybody will be proud of the Pittsburgh Pirates. Nobody will ever forget this magical season. The previous two years it was tough for the Pittsburgh Pirates because they would start the season strong and then after All-Star Break they wouldn’t be as strong and couldn’t end their season the way they wanted to, but this year was different and they played great baseball all year around. Pedro Alvarez leads the National League in homeruns with 34. He just needs to cut down on the strikeouts. Andrew McCutchen is also having a great season he’s playing MVP baseball and hes just a great all around baseball player. This year was a magical season for the Pittsburgh Pirates and they still have playoffs to go…GO BUCS!