News-In-Brief

News-In-Brief

Local Eagle Scouts Honored
Local Eagle Scouts were recently recognized for working on projects. Senior Zach Daigle and juniors Andrew Boyer and Patrick Ferrenberg, along with past GLSD graduate Devon Boyer, worked together at the township municipal building to make improvements in landscaping, benches and the Eagles Landing American flag disposal site. Recently, Township Supervisors John Mylant, Jake Blank, and Mike O’Barto presented the individuals certificates of appreciation.

Ninth Grade Scheduling Meeting
Current ninth grade students and their parents are invited to a meeting on Wednesday, February 29, 2012, from 6:30 to 8:30pm in the auditorium to discuss numerous scheduling matters. Freshmen students will be informed about credit requirements, course options and other opportunities offered in high school.  

Eastern Westmoreland Career and Technology Center to Hold Open House
The Eastern Westmoreland Career and Technology Center will hold an open house on Thursday, February 16, 2012 from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. Current 9th, 10th, and 11th grade students who may be interested in studying at the career center next year should attend to learn more about possible programs and studies. All interested students are still able to enroll and can do so by contacting the guidance office.

Spirit Days at Chick-Fil-A Benefit GLSHS
Chick-Fil-A at Eastgate Plaza will help in fundraising for the Greater Latrobe Senior High School Vietnam Class Trip by donating 20% of sales. Mention the Greater Latrobe Senior High class trip all day on Saturday, February 18, 2012 to help benefit a senior high class trip.