News In Briefs

Latrobean Requests
As the yearbook staff continues work on the 2012 Latrobean, seniors are reminded of needed content. Baby photographs of current seniors can be dropped off to Mrs. Butler’s room C103. Additionally, the deadline for senior Ads for Grads has been extended until January 15, 2012. See Mrs. Butler or a member of staff for more information.

Driver’s Education Parent Meeting Scheduled
Parents are reminded of a driver’s education parent meeting scheduled for Wednesday, January 18, 2012.  Additionally, depending on student interest, a Driver Education Theory class may be offered after school for students.  The class would consist of sixteen sessions, held every Monday through Thursday from 2:45 – 4:45 pm for four weeks. The opportunity would start on Monday, January 16, 2012 and finish on Thursday, February 9, 2012, costing $55.  If you are interested in attending these classes you must sign up in the guidance office.

College Financial Aid Night To Take Place
The guidance department is organizing a financial aid meeting, scheduled for Tuesday, January 10, in the Greater Latrobe Senior High School Auditorium at 6:30 pm.  During the meeting, a representative from post secondary education will present information on procedures, forms and criteria used to determine need for financial aid and hold a discussion of student loan information.  If interested, indicate your intention to attend this meeting by e-mailing Mrs. Kuhn at [email protected].

Junior Guidance Conferences
All junior students recently met with their guidance counselors to discuss many important topics concerning their future goals and remaining years at Greater Latrobe. Topics covered included class credit totals, scheduling preparations for February, SATs and other needed examinations, and college or other post secondary plans.

2 Hour Late Start Scheduled
A scheduled 2-hour late start will take place on Tuesday, January 17, 2012. Please be reminded that homeroom will start at 9:30 am on that day.

PSAT Scores Available to Students
PSAT scores were distributed to sophomore and junior students who took the exam in October on December 20 and 21, 2011. An explanation of the score report can be found online at the guidance department website on the district website. Contact your counselor for further information.