News In Brief

News+In+Brief+

Navy Seals Fitness Challenge T-Shirts and Certificates Available
Students who participated in the Navy Seals Fitness Challenge in November are reminded to pick up their t-shirt and certificate. Contact Mr. Byers for more information.

Pet Food Drive Looks for Donations
The annual pet food drive is currently running. All donations will benefit Actions for animals. After both adopting dogs from the no kill shelter, history teachers Mr. Scaffardi and Mr. Cook started the food drive about four years ago. The following supplies are in extreme demand for the pets: rawhide chews, quality canned cat and dog food, kitten and puppy food, collars for dogs and cats, cat litter, baby pools, small animal bedding, pet sweaters and clothing. Cleaning supplies, including paper towels, Clorox germicidal bleach, dishwashing liquid, brooms and dustpans and laundry detergent, are also needed. See your homeroom teacher or Mr. Scaffardi to see a complete list of items. All items can be accepted in rooms H203 and H208 now through December 23.

Toys for Tots Drive Successful
The baseball team, in conjunction with the Marines, once again had a successful year of collecting items for the annual Toys for Tots drive. With the school and community’s help, close to 200 new toys for local children were collected. The team and Marines greatly appreciate all of the donations!

Spirit Days at Chick-Fil-A Benefit GLSHS
Chick-Fil-A at Eastgate Plaza will help in fundraising for the Greater Latrobe Senior High School Vietnam Class Trip by donating 20% of sales. Mention the Greater Latrobe Senior High class trip all day on Saturday, December 17, 2011 to help benefit a senior high class trip.

ROTC Scholarship Meeting
Current juniors are reminded of a meeting regarding ROTC scholarships on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 in the guidance office. Interested students should visit the guidance office to sign up.