All in the Timing: A Play to See

Director Daniel Krack hints that this is the right time and place to perform the play All in the Timing. The play consists of six one act plays called “Sure Thing”, “Words-Words-Words”, “The Universal Language”, “Philip Glass Buys a Loaf of Bread”, “The Philadelphia”, and “Variations on the Death of Trotsky”.  This is a comedy of errors that is suitable for the whole family.

I chose the play for several reasons.  First, because it is funny and very quirky.  I also chose it because it gives many students a chance to shine since it is a fairly large cast for a play,” Mr. Krack said. “The play is a series of six one-act plays.  Each play focuses on the theme of ‘being in the right place at the right time’.”

Mr. Krack who is a veteran actor and returning director, cast seventeen students in the right roles. They are seniors Nate Clair, Kayla Holsopple, Kiersten Kennedy, Michael Lopata, Josie Rodell, and Gabby Takich, along with juniors Zac Carroll, Morgan Chen, Anna Doelling, Ricky Gaia, Cameron Hayes, Drew Kaczmarkiewicz, Mikee Kershaw, Ben Takitch, and Christian Wege, and sophomore Annie Duda and freshman Mya Favata.

After taking a sabbatical for a year from directing the play and musical Mr. Krack is excited to be back. He said, “It feels wonderful being back after the year off.  It does take some getting used to, though. I have to get used to the long hours of the rehearsal schedule and I even have to get to know the students again!”  

Mr. Krack loves the world of theatre, ”I look forward to the performance dates.  It’s a thrill to watch everything come together and to watch the hard work of the performers come to life in front of audiences.”

This cast has been working extremely hard to put on the best show they possibly can for you.  They have been practicing several times a week after school and have sacrificed their weekends to make sure they get it. Come support this crew in the Senior High Auditorium on Saturday, November 10 and Sunday, November 11 at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $10 for adults and $8 for students and senior citizens. Purchase a ticket online or at the door the night of the performance.

About the Writer
Sydney Laidacker, Staff Writer

My name is Sydney Laidacker.  I am a freshman at Greater Latrobe High School.   This is my first year to be apart of the High Post team and it won’t...