Movie Review: I am Number Four

“A place is only as good as the people you know in it,” said actor Alex Pettyfer playing his character John Smith in the new film, “I am Number Four.”  Opening February 18, 2011, the movie brought in over $22 million within the first weekend in the U.S. box offices.  But, even though it didn’t break any records, it was surprisingly entertaining.  This was unexpected since it was regarded as another teen romance/superhero/action movie prior to its release and no one showed any interest in it.  “Directed by D.J. Caruso from a Young Adult novel by Pittacus Lore, the film is an entertaining addition to the super-teen trend,” said movie reviewer John Beifuss. 

Adding to the hype of the movie is the fact that one of their filming locations was nearby Franklin Regional High School in Murrysville, PA.  The school was used as the high school for the movie but with a different name.  The main character, Number Four, moved to his new school after the painful realization that Number Three was dead; making him next.

Also starring in the film is “Glee” star Dianna Agron who plays the lonely, yet creative girl who is John’s love interest.  The film was rated a 6.5 out of 10 on the Imdb website.  As a result, it is not decided at this time if sequels will be made to start an elaborate movie series.  But as it stands now, Number Four’s fate lies in the hands of the people who see it, or rather don’t see it.